Some content available via our sites may not be appropriate for children under a certain age. In some cases, ratings will be displayed to indicate the suitability of content or access may be restricted to certain age groups. Parents and guardians should supervise their children’s access to our websites and in particular, their use of any community areas.Back to top
2. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights in the information and content available on our sites belong to Sony or our licensors. Much of the content is protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws. Unless otherwise stated, content may be copied only for your personal use. Content should not be modified, performed, published, transferred to anyone else or used for any commercial purpose. Except to the extent permitted by applicable law, you must not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or otherwise break or attempt to break encryption protecting the content.Back to top
Our sites are provided on an “as is” basis. At times, sites may not be available or may be affected by faults or maintenance work, or by circumstances outside our control. No warranty is given about the quality, functionality, availability or performance of our sites or any content on the sites. We reserve the right to change, suspend or withdraw content from our sites, to suspend your registration or access to our sites, or to discontinue any site or site feature at any time without notice. You are responsible for your Internet Service Provider fees and any other fees related to your use of our sites.
You must not damage, interfere with or disrupt access to our sites or their content, nor do anything that may impair functionality or interfere with another person’s access to our sites or their content. You must not use the sites or their content in any way that is unlawful or damaging to Sony, our affiliated companies or any other person.
You are entirely responsible for any text, video, audio, images, photographs or any other materials or content you provide for our sites. Please use any available community tools responsibly. In particular, do not post content that infringes the law or third party rights, or which includes activities or statements which are discriminatory, offensive, obscene or defamatory or which may cause offence to others on grounds of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, faith or disability. You should not use the community areas for any commercial purpose.
You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully transferable right to use, copy, modify, publish and display any content which you post or upload on our sites, and to incorporate it in other works. You waive any moral rights which you may have in this content.
5. Links to other sites
We have not approved or checked any third party sites linked to our sites and we are not responsible or liable in any way for their content. Your use of third party sites will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.Back to top
Sony does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any information contained on our sites. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sony, our affiliated companies and/or licensors exclude all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party whether direct or indirect, incidental or consequential and howsoever arising from your use of or access to, or inability to use or access a site, including any loss of data or damage caused by downloading content from our sites.
7. Governing law
8. Code of Conduct for Forum & Communities
• Respect your fellow community members by not creating threads or posts that intimidate, bully or insult other people. Online harassment and griefing such as trolling, flaming, thread assassination, quote hacking, browser bombing, and impersonation is also prohibited.
Trolling is deliberately posting provocative, negative or controversial messages to a thread or forum, with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument, or to make the troll the centre of attention. Trolls will quite often try to "bait" other forum members into breaking the rules or embarrasing themselves - don't be trollbait; don't feed the trolls!
• To keep things friendly, the use of swearing and vulgar language is not permitted on the Sony Forums; this includes attempts to sidestep the automatic profanity filters and the use of slang acronyms that contain swear words.
• Don't post anything that could be perceived as discriminatory, gross or offensive; such as racist, sexist, pornographic, profane, vulgar, derogatory, hateful, or threatening content and “shock” images or websites.
• Don’t use the forums to “name and shame” cheaters or start campaigns to get other community members evicted.
• Spamming and flooding are not permitted, although high forum use is fine as long as you are sensible. Please also avoid double-posting and creating duplicate threads.
• Do not post chain letters, solicitations, pyramid schemes or advertisements. While it’s fine for users to exchange opinions and advice, the forum should not be used to promote any external products or services, nor to buy or sell anything. If you wish to promote your own website, please use the biography area of your profile to include any information you wish to share about you, but don’t use your username or your signature to advertise any commercial services.
• Do not post messages that support or condone any illegal activities, such as drug use, piracy, hacks, warez etc.
• Do not post anything that could be considered libelous or defamatory.
• Do not post copyright material on the Forum, with the exception of material that SONY holds the copyright to. Basically, this means that posting wholesale from published books, magazines, game guides etc. is a no-no, as it could land you (and us) in it.
• For your own safety when online, NEVER give out personal details such as your email, surname, postal address, phone number or Blackberry ID in the Forums, and keep other personally identifiable information private. For your own privacy, please don’t include both your name and your surname in your username. If you do, our Moderators might ask you to pick a new username to protect your privacy. SONY Staff will never ask you for your password.
Our Moderators will remove large graphics that take ages to load or break the layout of the forums. To avoid your lovely images being edited out, please make sure that any images comply with the following:
• Avatars should not be more than 30Kb (30,000 bytes) in size.
• Your signature image should not be greater than 75Kb (75,000 bytes) in size.
• Signature or post images should not be greater than 500 pixels wide.
• If you want to post a picture that’s more than 500 pixels wide or has a hefty filesize, please LINK to it rather than embedding it into your post.
Please note that these rules apply to all images, text and links posted on the Sony Community/Support Forums.
You can help us keep the Forum a friendly place by reporting abuse and spamming by sending an email to email@example.com
If you break the rules of conduct, either intentionally or by accident, we will either edit or remove your post. Persistent or excessive misconduct may result in a temporary or even permanent suspension of your ability to post. And because these Rules can’t cover everything, we also reserve the right to remove any content or suspend your account without prior notice and at our discretion.Back to top
9. Personal Information
Please note that any information such as email address, phone number, and others that you add in any of the below fields may be shared publicly and can be viewed by any of the registered Sony Community members.Back to top
© 2012 Sony Europe Limited. All Rights Reserved.